Monday, April 22, 2013

Party Hat

My baby turns 1 this week.  Eek!!! What happened to the last 12 months?  I made her birthday hat today.  I forgot to take in progress photos - need to get better about that.  I just took an existing paper party hat that you can get anywhere and covered it in pink and white chevron scrapbook paper.  Then I made a pom out of yarn for the top.  To make the pom, I wound the yarn around three of my fingers several times then took a smaller piece of yarn and tied it in the middle.  Then I just clipped the ends with fabric scissors and fluffed it up!  I glued a few rows of the same yarn at the bottom and cut a glitzy ribbon into a 1 for the middle.  I couldn't find my fabric glue until after I was done (naturally) so I super glued it, but hot glue would work too (I was lazy and wanted to finish it before nap time was up).  And that's it!  A custom party hat for my little one.  Now if I can just get her to leave it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment